Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thing18

My sample appears on my blog highlighted in lavender

familiarized myself with the names of the various online free web based productivity tools:Word Processing: Zoho, Writely (Google, Think Free,gOffice (for iPhone) and NumSum
Tried to publish, but
Here's my document from Zoho Writer:
http://writer.zoho.com/index.do?docId=historical-mysteries1
Favorite of Favorites
The sub-genre historical mysteries provides some of my favorite reading. It's hard to pick favorites , but if asked today I'd say that Dead Man's Ransom be my favorite Cadfael; The Devil's Door wins as my favorite Catherine Levendeur Mysteries and The Apothecary Rose for the Own Archer series.
This word processing seemed fine, though I don't see any advantage for me right now over Word except EXCEPT that it could be handy under the right circumstances to have anyone be able to read it and edit the document and it is free when you travel if you're using a public access computer in a library or Internet cafe
also tried GoogleDocs liked a bit better though spreadsheet was less sophisticated than Excel it'd serve in a pinch in situations cited above

No comments: