Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thing 8

viewed tutorials:
rss in Plain English was the most helpful to me - direct and "simplified"
adding rss feeds by Helen Blower was also short& simple and helpful

Since I not infrequently feel on information overload and time starved, I'm not sure how much I'll take advantage of RSS. The Yarn Harlot and Unshelved RSS feeds'll be tests. It will be interesting to see if I find rss feeds more useful for me, or if it's just as useful for me to get emailings and check sites. Whatever, it's useful to know the rss possibilities. However, bloglines did have the advantage of being accessed from any computer, if you can't get your email.

Librarians could mention particular RSS feeds of interest at programs e.g. Yarn Harlot at a knitting program.

I added knittersreview and and Garden Bloggers' Book Club as an rss feeds much later on - now that the symbol, process & my account's all set up My rss feeds are available at http://www.bloglines.com/myblogs

look at http://www.bloglines.com/public/marylandlibrarieslearning2
right now, opted not to have a public account

No comments: